Mintz Levin Benefits attorney Patricia Moran recently authored an article for the Society for Human Resources Management’s latest publication describing the cybersecurity risks involved with 401(k) Plan sponsorship. The article is a great resource for employers who sponsor 401(k) or other retirement plans, especially those who share employees’ sensitive information with third party administrators. For the full story, click here.
- Review the Federal Trade Commission’s information on Wise Giving in the Wake of Hurricane Harvey.
- Do not follow unsolicited web links in email messages.
- Use caution when opening email attachments. Refer to the US-CERT Tip Using Caution with Email Attachments for more information on safely handling email attachments.
- Keep antivirus and other computer software up-to-date.
- Refer to the Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks for more information on social engineering attacks.
- Verify the legitimacy of any email solicitation by contacting the organization directly through a trusted contact number. You can find trusted contact information for many charities on the BBB National Charity Report Index.